Mohawk (NASDAQ: MWK) is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled, consumer products company founded on the premise that if a company selling products was founded today, it would be created based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are reinventing how to rapidly and successfully identify new product opportunities by leveraging our proprietary software technology platform, AIMEE. Powered by tech, we have scaled our business to double net revenue each year since 2015 and are looking to create a global team of high performers to drive future growth.
As a Strategic Sourcing Project Manager you will be part of a team that leads a cross-functional, global team and suppliers through our product development process, that help us achieve our ambitious goals. You will coordinate the efforts of the product development life-cycle as Mohawk deliver an aggressive product launch schedule. You will be detail driven, multi-tasking, hungry leader to help coordinate efforts across functions all over the globe. You are a critical thinker who has a passion for consumer products, a deep knowledge of project management best practices, and an engineering mindset. Who understands how to manage suppliers to quickly bring products from concept to reality. Who is relentless in continuously improving the efficiency, speed, capability and performance of their processes and teams. Who loves a good challenge, takes personal ownership, knows how to coach teams effectively through challenges to success. Who wants to be part of the revolutionary future in changing how consumers needs are met faster.
- Work directly with the NYC Project Manager and work extremely close with the US team on a daily basis to keep the teams aligned on status updates to track action items, project risks, opportunities and issues.
- Manage project timeline and resources related to product development, product improvement implementation, product life-cycle management, product changes, costing, cost reductions, and minimizing waste.
- Lead a cross-functional team that finds, selects, contracts, and manages the performance of key suppliers that build the product. Requires collaboration, detailed documentation and coordination of cross-functional activities and professional communication involving internal and external partners.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the execution of multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Ensure information is provided timely for decision making regarding product launches by influencing leaders and subject matter experts and creating accountability for work.
- Coordinate the efforts of our creative team in China, Poland, Ukraine, and the US.
- Communicates effectively and often with other functions and leaders to gain alignment and consensus.
- Manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities to focus efforts and action on critical work.
- Ensure customer service feedback is incorporated into ongoing product development
- BA in Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Product Development, Business or Engineering field preferred
- Experience in Buyer, category/commodity manager, supplier management, or other strategic sourcing related role.
- 2-4 years in Project Management working with global, cross functional teams and consumer products
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under time constraints.
- Comfortable with changing requirements and mid-program changes, able to connect the dots.
- Desire to learn the consumer-centric Mohawk method of product development.
- Expertise in Teamwork or other project management related technology
- Leadership skills takes ownership proactively, drives accountability. Excellent peer collaboration in person and in writing.
- High energy & positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Sense of urgency.
- Assertive and confident.
- Bilingual in both Mandarin and English
- Ability to travel local and international.
- Certification in Project Management or equivalent
- Consumer goods industry experience
- Strategic sourcing experience in multiple countries.
- APICS or other Sourcing related qualifications
- Required language(s): English, Mandarin