Mohawk (NASDAQ: MWK) is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled, consumer products company founded on the premise that if a company selling products was founded today, it would be created based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are reinventing how to rapidly and successfully identify new product opportunities by leveraging our proprietary software technology platform, AIMEE.
As a Sourcing Specialist you will be understanding product needs and carrying out strategic sourcing tasks in a highly organized and value-adding manner. As well as finding new products and suppliers you will take ownership of supplier development, purchase order tracking, problem solving, logistics and contractual documentation for your assigned categories of products.
- Partner with Product Development, Quality & Engineering, Creative and Logistics teams to successfully enable product launches at scale.
- Evaluating the online and offline assortment for your assigned categories and determining the right assortment for us to build based on market trends and customer needs analysis.
- Identify potential suppliers via trade show, & new supplier sourcing. Prepare trip report with key findings and recommendations
- Develop negotiation strategies that deliver to business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- PO management, ensuring total visibility and on-time delivery
- Logistics quotation, booking and management
- Finding new supply opportunities that may be hidden by working together with AIMEE.
- Ensure effective process and communication channels are in place to maximize the delivery and implementation of any sourcing activity.
- Degree in international trade, engineering related subject
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sourcing, purchasing, supplier audit, sample inspection, engineering in global company
- Excellent demonstration on soft skills – communication, presentation, negotiation, influencing, cross-functional leadership, etc.
- Proven ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Strong negotiation skills and exceptional communication skills
- Past experience on home appliances sourcing is a strong plus
- Having product engineering or manufacturing background is a strong plus
- Experience in multinational company or working overseas
- Pro-active attitude and Can-Do spirit
- Bilingual in both Mandarin and English
Job Location: Shenzhen, China