Mohawk (NASDAQ: MWK) is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled, consumer products company founded on the premise that if a company selling products was founded today, it would be created based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are reinventing how to rapidly and successfully identify new product opportunities by leveraging our proprietary software technology platform, AIMEE.
As an IT Manager, you will lead all IT initiatives and support in our China and Philippines offices. You will report to the Global IT Director and represent the IT Department as the trusted resource for all IT related projects, issues and solutions in the APAC region.
Our business and our users are both extremely entrepreneurial and intelligent, so you will need to be a confident self-starter who can work quickly and autonomously to support Mohawk’s “go fast break things” mantra.
- Assist in administration and support of Mohawk’s global cloud-based Infrastructure, unified communication platforms, network and user security, and IT assets.
- Understand business requirements to best support our offices in China and the Philippines, and recommend appropriate technology solutions accordingly.
- Work closely with the Global IT Director on all IT initiatives and projects, to ensure effective and consistent solutions and communication globally.
- Act as the primary support resource for users within the APAC offices and ensure adherence to global standards.
- Gain the trust and respect of the Leadership Team in Shenzhen, to become their “go to” person within Mohawk for all technology related issues and systems. Communicate updates to leadership accordingly, regarding Technology issues that affect their teams.
- Feedback continuous improvement ideas to the Global IT Director for improving processes.
- Assist HR to streamline and automate on-boarding/off-boarding of staff in all regions.
- Enforce all global security and access control IT policies.
- Build and manage relationships with local technology suppliers.
- Assist with budget planning, including managing and recording spend within the APAC offices.
- Provide oversight and management for all SaaS applications and vendors.
The successful candidate will have a good selection of the following:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience and technical training preferred.
- 5+ years experience in support of enterprise-level IT infrastructures, preferably within global organizations. Startup experience is a plus.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure solutions like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or GCP.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to manage expectations and support a global organization.
- Experience with administration and support of G Suite and Office 365.
- Proven ability to manage and support SaaS applications and vendors.
- Understanding of standard LAN, WAN, ISP and VPN technologies, especially in the Chinese regulatory landscape.
- Experience in Mobile Device Management, Asset management and inventory process and procedures.
- Engineering and background with Windows, Windows Server, MacOS, Active Directory. Linux and automation/scripting experience is a bonus.
- Experience building and managing Single Sign-On and Identity Service platforms.
- Experience with cloud-based Antivirus platforms.
- Self-starter with a track record of exceeding stakeholders’ expectations as measured through continuous feedback and a portfolio of successfully completed technology solutions to business problems.
- Ability to travel regionally as needed (~10%).