Mohawk (NASDAQ: MWK) is a rapidly growing, tech-enabled consumer products company founded on the premise that if a company selling products was founded today, it would be created based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are reinventing how to rapidly and successfully identify new product opportunities by leveraging our proprietary software technology platform, AIMEE.
As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in product research, supply chain research & direct to consumer e-commerce. You will leverage our technology to accelerate your analytical skills and identify new product opportunities, market trends, and consumer insights. Working with a great team of talented professionals you will help us bring great ideas to life and deliver exciting products to the eCommerce marketplace.
- Research online marketplaces for supporting data on product opportunities
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identifying consumer trends based on data
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports including analytics
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Make recommendations on product opportunities and in identifying marketplace strategies while providing data and research behind the recommendations.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
- Work with internal constituents, including; Directors, Analysts, and Developers to understand business requirements/goals, and help capture the strategy, content, and features for layout of our reporting environments.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions regarding functional requirements, content organization, process flow, and report specifications.
- Develop queries for investigation of data issues or creation of new report structures for business units.
- Use knowledge of tools to create extract analysis from SQL server/excel
- Become a subject area expert
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Strong understanding of Amazon’s vendor services as a platform, including terms and services - (You must be passionate about this subject)
- At least 5 years of proven working experience as a business analyst or data analyst
- Business acumen when it comes to consumer products for the ecommerce market
- Logical, analytical and resourceful personality
- Self initiative and motivation to learn on your own.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL, etc), and ETL.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data visualization tools; Power BI or Tableau is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
(Product Research - Supply Chain Research - Ecommerce - Direct to Consumer)